Monday, June 8, 2009

Yeahhh summer!

Sigh. This sound can be heard around the country in every single Admissions Office. Summer is here! Finally! We're done with recruitment/travel, reviewing applications, event planning! While we still offer tours and group information sessions, the summer is definitely a more quiet time in our office. We keep ourselves busy with summer projects, planning fall recruitment and of course welcoming visitors. We also get to take the bulk of our vacation time during the summer. While Eric and I will keep you updated on all that is new at Stonehill, we hope you'll stick with us as we share a few personal photos from our summer fun!

Big news! Liz Stender from our office is now Liz Cheron! I had the opportunity to attend her wedding on the Cape over Memorial Day weekend. Here's some pictures-some stolen from her wedding photographer's website, some are my own. I think it's pretty obvious which are which!

Mr. and Mrs. Cheron!



I love oysters!!!

Stonehill representatives at the wedding

I spent this weekend spending some time in Columbia, South Carolina visiting friends from my semester abroad in France. This picture is from Teddie's going away party at a restaurant in The Vista called "Liberty." Teddie's moving to Philly to follow the love of her life (and our mutual friend from France) so her office threw her a going away party that Melanie and I attended. We spent Friday by the pool, Saturday at Lake Murray and Sunday going to the movies. Great people, good times....I miss them already!

Besides South Carolina, it's a pretty tame summer for me. I think I exhausted all my resources last year in California, Las Vegas, Newport and Myrtle Beach. I'll mostly be relaxing at my aunt's lake house in Connecticut, spending some quality time with my family in Central Mass, and visiting friends from college. My family is OBSESSED with the 4th of July so perhaps some of those pictures will make it up here. My uncles and cousins always put on a DIY fireworks display that gets more out of hand every year. I'm sure Eric will have much more exciting updates to come!

No comments: