Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Stonehill at NEACAC

Hi Everyone,

In case you were wondering why the admissions office basically came to a screeching halt, it's because we were all at NEACAC! NEACAC stands for Northeast Association of College Admissions Counseling, the Conference was held at Salve Regina University in Newport, RI. Not a bad spot right?


Salve's Ochre Court

View from the Cliff Walk

Much of Salve's campus is overlooking the ocean and we had great weather. NEACAC is really a learning session for all of us, kind of like going back to class. A number of sessions are held by other professionals in the field so it's great to hear other perspectives on the college admissions process. For instance I saw a presentation advocating the shortening of information sessions so visitors to campus will have more time on tours, not a bad idea right? The conference also has nightly scheduled events, the most popular of which is BINGO!

Counselors Andrew and Shamika have mixed results


Well let me tell you, I have been practicing BINGO! for literally an entire year. Practice makes perfect right? Anyone that tells you BINGO! is a game of luck has obviously never lived throught he ups and downs of a competitive BINGO! game. Despite all my practice, the hours of blood, sweat, and N39s, I was still unsuccessful this year (sad face). But fear not, I have already started a new training regimen and I hope to come back even stronger next year. BINGO! is a fickle game my friend.

My How the Tables have Turned (BINGO!)

The whole gang had a great time at the conference

At the conference we had one big announcement to make: Stonehill College will be hosting NEACAC 2011! We are really excited about it. It's a great chance to showcase our school to a lot of college admissions folks. We have a lot to live up to, Salve did a great job. Ace decided to join us for the announcement so you know it was a big deal.

Ace and friends making the announcement

And now since I know you want them (and I have no place else to put them) here are a few pics from around Newport.






Don't forget to follow us on Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube

No comments: