Thursday, August 7, 2008

A day at the lake...

Summertime in the Office of Admissions involves many things...Reflecting and evaluating this years programs, planning for the upcoming year in terms of travel and events, hosting thousands of visitors to our campus, and of course....using vacation time!

Well last week was I was enjoying option 4, although I would call it more of a "Staycation" as we didn't venture far from home. I have to admit I liked our staycation! Kelly (my wife) and I were able to tackle a few house projects that we (ok...actually I) had been putting off. One of the highlights of the week was going out to my father-in-law's lake house that he has in Spencer, MA. I was excited to bring our beagle Griffin to the lake to test out his interest (if any) in swimming!

By the way this is the beagle in question:





Now for Griffin, this was a day of many "firsts".

  • First day in Spencer, MA
  • First day spent at a lake
  • First time on a boat
  • First time trying to swim (not successful) but he earned a treat anyway

Griffin really enjoyed the boat part...



















Griffin enjoying the view!




Kel and I also enjoyed having Griffin around!



Now, I thought it was a bit cold to swim...


This is my brother-in-law, Jeff, trying to decide if he was going to jump in...



His own kids and niece finally convinced him...
(It looks like his son, Matt, needed some additional convincing!)














It was a great day and I hope there is time for some more days like this before Summer ends!

No comments: