Friday, September 19, 2008

High School of the Week!

This is a shout out to a wonderful school in New Hampshire...Bishop Guertin, a.k.a, BG. Now BG is a great school. There are many wonderful activities students can choose from, they have an excellent curriculum which most of their students take full advantage of, and these kids are involved....really involved! Whether it's sports, clubs, or community service, BG students are very busy! We have been lucky over the years to matriculate dozens of these fine students, and most of them continue to make an impact and a lasting impression on our campus.

I am highlighted BG because I always feel so welcome at their college fair! I was at their fair early this week and, as usual, I wasn't disappointed. First of all, the counseling staff is very friendly. They even hand you their School Profile which is attached to a piece of chocolate! I don't know about you, but if anything is attached to candy I am more apt to pay attention!

I am glad that this fair is always scheduled early on in my travel season, because this is usually the kick start I need to head out on the road.

Yet, what truly makes this fair great is not just the chocolate, the attentive staff or the fact that I see many students, it's the fact that the students come to the table armed with excellent questions. Instead of just asking "how's your Psychology program", they ask "I'm interested in studying Child Developmental Psychology, what can Stonehill offer me in terms of curriculum and internship opportunities?"


Now that's what I call a quality question! I am always looking forward to a spirited game of "Stump the Admissions Counselor", because it challenges me to be aware of the latest and greatest that Stonehill has to offer and to be able to relay that info back to the prospective student...BG students never disappoint when it comes to this!


Now here is what my table at the fair looked like at 1:29, right before the fair started...





And this was my view at 1:31pm!







So thanks BG for reminding me why I like my job so much. I look forward to reviewing your applications soon!


Now I am off to Up-State NY next week. Will catch up with you soon!

No comments: