Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Graduation

This past Sunday 568 members of the class of 2009 celebrated their commencement. I am very proud of our graduates.

While every graduating class is special I have to say, personally, this class is one of the most special.

5 years ago, my first year in Admissions with Stonehill, I had the chance to meet many future members of this class during my first year of travel. I read many of their applications and even accepted a few! I remember seeing their potential back then, and I was very excited about the impact they could have on our campus.

Now they are graduating...

While this makes me feel a bit old, I still couldn't be more proud. So many realized that potential and I have to say one of the best parts of my job has been getting the chance to watch these students grow. From shy seniors in high school met during a college fair, to graduates with unlimited promise and potential...This is why we do what we do...to find students that will make a difference, who will leave Stonehill a better place than when they found it...They did not disappoint.

I think it's safe to say that most people in Admissions remember their "first class"...I know I will. thanks Class of 09 and best of luck to you in the future!

To see some pictures from graduation click here

No comments: